Goodbye Natasha ! Leaving Culture Syndicates in a stronger position.


Culture Syndicates are sad to be saying goodbye to Natasha Clegg who has developed her role through the company from Heritage assistant to become the Acting Head of Projects. In that time she has worked tirelessly to enhance not only her own skills but of all those around her. She has enabled Culture Syndicates to thrive through lockdown by securing the much needed funding and training  to carry on our mission. She will be missed by all members of the team who have appreciated her professionalism and honesty but we know she will go on to do great things in the future.

Natasha says: 'I started my journey at Culture Syndicates as a Heritage Assistant in September 2017. Almost four years to the day, I will be leaving CS to start the next chapter of my career. I will be leaving with a wealth of experience, skills and confidence and meaningful relationships with a group of insightful and inspiring people. There have been several standout moments during my time in the company, some of which I’d like to share here. 


By far my favourite part of the role has been working with the Heritage Assistant team. Since becoming Projects Officer in 2018, I have overseen the development of 21 Heritage Assistants. Getting to know each of the Heritage Assistants and seeing them grow in confidence has been a pleasure. They are all assets to the company and will be an asset to any organisation they go on to work at in the future. I wish them all the best of luck in their careers. 


Over the last ten months I designed and delivered two Culture Recovery Fund projects. Managing this funding made my final year in the company impactful and rewarding. The grants were a lifeline after the initial struggle of the pandemic. However, I believe that we have used the funding in a way which has not only enabled us to survive, but to thrive. The whole team has such a strong focus upon the Culture Syndicates vision and mission and the determination and passion to achieve it. Having worked with my colleagues and a range of consultants on CRF1 and CRF2 projects, I am leaving the company feeling truly inspired and excited to see the plans and hard work come to fruition. 


Within CRF2 I led a working group of Heritage Assistants in what has been one of my favourite projects in my four years at CS. The team came together to find solutions to common problems in museum careers and are now in the process of driving forward several of their ideas (keep an eye out for further updates on this). Hearing their insights and seeing them bond as a group - even over Zoom - has been a brilliant way to end my time in the organisation. CRF2 has been the culmination of my efforts to develop the Heritage Assistant model over the past few years; though there is still work to be done, I am happy with what we have achieved thus far. The Heritage Assistant role now looks and feels very different from the one which I held back in 2017.


Finally, working within such a welcoming and encouraging team has been the making of me both personally and professionally. I have been lucky to work with a Board of Directors and colleagues who have helped build my confidence, encouraged me to take up formal development opportunities and placed trust in me. Each individual Director has been supportive (another one of my highlights was being line managed by Julia Knight) and, in particular, Neville Stankley has encouraged me to share and develop my ideas. Having joined the organisation with an undergraduate degree in History and virtually no work experience (in any sector, let alone museums and heritage!), I am so pleased to be leaving having had a real hand in shaping the direction of Culture Syndicates. Thanks so much to everyone in the organisation who made the past four years so fulfilling. I wish the company the very best and I look forward to seeing the outcomes of its next phase of development.' 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Jane Seaman, Projects and Evaluation Officer

Introducing: Yanqiu Autumn Dai, Strategic Advisor to the Culture Syndicates Board

Running Up That Hill by Claire Roe