April Reading List

This month we are musing on the theme of wellbeing, taking inspiration from Stress Awareness Month and World Health Day. It is a little shorter this month as we try to catch up with the start of Spring and find new directions.

Meditations

Marcus Aurelius 

"Let not future things disturb thee, for thou wilt come to them, if it shall be necessary, having with thee the same reason which now thou usest for present things." on worry & anxiety

This collection of writings from Aurelius, once Emperor of Rome, the book is more accurately titled "To Himself" and is a random collection of short Stoic reflections on things like life, friendship, and enduring hardship. It's quite a small book and is ideal to pick during your commute, lunch break, or bedtime.


On Solitude

Michel de Montaigne

"When I dance, I dance; when I sleep, I sleep; yes, and when I walk alone in a beautiful orchard, if my thoughts drift to far-off matters for some part of the time for some other part I lead them back again to the walk, the orchard, to the sweetness of this solitude, to myself."


Wellbeing and Heritage Special 2022

Historic England  

This collection of research explores a wide range of topics such as social prescribing, green spaces, volunteering, and role of heritage during the COVID-19 pandemic.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Jane Seaman, Projects and Evaluation Officer

Introducing: Yanqiu Autumn Dai, Strategic Advisor to the Culture Syndicates Board

Harry Wheatcroft - The Year of the Roses Project