Goodbye and good luck to Hollie Davison, our Head of Projects!

 


As my time at Culture Syndicates comes to an end, I am beyond grateful for the opportunities that I’ve had as part of the team. Having started out with CS right at the grass-roots level, as a Heritage Assistant in 2015, I moved up to being Project Manager of the Resilience Syndicate project in 2016, and finally to my current role as Head of Projects in 2018 – through all of these roles, I’ve learned so much, and developed my knowledge about the heritage and cultural sector extensively. I’ve loved working on a wide variety of heritage and cultural projects, getting to know so many different people and having a fabulous time all the while! 

With my lovely Resilience Syndicate team, I achieved so much – from engaging communities in so many ways, to helping our fabulous partners develop new projects and even organising a pony to visit a care home – it was an absolute blast. It was a pleasure to see my six fabulous interns go on to such amazing roles, and I’m thrilled to see the exciting things they are doing now. 

Taking on the running of CS in 2018 was a very steep learning curve, but all the same it was a fabulous experience. From developing new projects and bids, to sharing in the success of projects with clients, delving into fabulous collections, creating learning and interpretation material and talking to so many interesting people – everything has been a delight. A particular favourite memory will be our community engagement project in Corby – never have a I seen so many interesting objects (including a merry-go-round sheep/ panda) and heard so many fascinating stories! Working with our Board of Trustees has been a pleasure, and I’m sure that without their help, I wouldn’t have developed half as many skills as I have. 

Recent additions to the team have been a pleasure to work with, and I hope that the expansions that are coming go well – keep an eye on what the team are up to. I have no doubt that it will be incredibly exciting!  

Culture Syndicates is moving in new directions now, but training is still at its heart – if ever you get a chance to work with the fabulous CS team please do. The development opportunities that I have had working with a consultancy like this have been abundant and I do hope that others get to share in this knowledge in the future. For now, Natasha will be taking over my role as Acting Head of Projects in the interim whilst the company goes through a governance review, kindly funded by the NLHF Culture Recovery Fund. I wish all of the team at CS well and hope to see lots of exciting things come from them in the future. 

For me, I’m heading off to the National Forest to work as a Projects Officer on their fabulous Future Foxes project – a new adventure I’m so ready for (and their beautifully located office of course!). 2020 provided so many challenges for everyone and although we’ve come through to the other side, it seems like the perfect time to try a new challenge for me. I’ll have lots to learn, but I hope I can engage as many people as possible with the amazing work of the National Forest.  

I want to say thank you to all of our lovely clients who I’ve worked with over the last four years – I’ve enjoyed working on all of your projects, and have been thrilled to see sites develop and thrive. I am beyond grateful to my fantastic team and Board Members over my time with CS  – you’ve all helped me develop so much and I’ve learned so many things from every single one of you! A special mention should go to our lovely Projects Officer Natasha – I’m so proud of what you have achieved whilst working with CS and I have no doubt that you’ll go far! 

So from me, (and my faithful office companion of course!) I say a wholehearted thank you to those that have worked with me on all of our wonderful projects and I wish CS all the very best for the exciting things to come!



By Hollie Davison, Head of Projects


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Jane Seaman, Projects and Evaluation Officer

Introducing: Yanqiu Autumn Dai, Strategic Advisor to the Culture Syndicates Board

April Reading List