An introduction to Annabelle

 



Hello everyone,

I’ll start by introducing myself, I’m Annabelle and I am one of the new Resilience Syndicate Interns at Culture Syndicates, Nottingham. As part of my internship, I shall be working with Bassetlaw Museum to try and increase visitor interactions with the museum’s collections.

Bassetlaw Museum is located in East Retford, North Nottinghamshire. The museum has a diverse range of collections, such as Roman and Anglo-Saxon archaeology, Victorian ledgers and education materials, county maps, photography, children’s toys and fashion and domestic items spanning over a century.

During my first month at the museum, I have spent my time familiarising myself with the museum’s collections and stores. For a relatively small museum, it is surprising how many objects they hold in their collections and this is partly due to the generosity of local community donations over the years. I have begun a couple of projects, including producing ‘Object of the Week’ weekly temporary displays featuring items that are not currently on display; as well as becoming more active on the museum’s social media accounts, including producing posts about historical events and relating these to objects in the collections.

Over the coming months, I will be working on developing a large temporary display to go in the museum’s music room and updating collection records, including photographing items. My aim over the next 9 months is to improve collection records and access online and to get more people to interact with the museum both in person and online.

So I hope this has got you excited to follow my progress over the coming months and come and see for yourself what the museum has to offer.

Annabelle

 

By Annabelle Arnold, Resilience Syndicate Intern at Bassetlaw Museum

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Jane Seaman, Projects and Evaluation Officer

Introducing: Yanqiu Autumn Dai, Strategic Advisor to the Culture Syndicates Board

April Reading List